Chrome plating provides the crowning touch over a base finish of copper and nickel. This continues to be a favorite among our clientele. Methods used in our facility consistently product a finish that gleams with the iridescent blue hue that is characteristic of high-quality chrome plating. The long lasting brilliance of this finish is easily washed and buffed to a dazzling sparkle. Chrome heightens the appeal for any show car sporting the spoils.
“High Point Show Chrome”
For our most discriminating customers we offer a restoration proram that will refurbish your parts to near perfection. Price is contingent upon the time and materials needed to achieve the desired result. In addition to the prep work done in #3, and #2, this finish includes repairs, fillings of pits, etc. A series of platings and polishings are performed to restore the piece to as near perfection as possible. The series of copper platings can be repeated as many times as feasible to renew that valued piece. Price on this service is determined on a “time and material” basis.
STREET SUPREME CHROME
Our restoral program improves the condition of the part substantially through an exclusive multi-step process. After stripping old paint, worn plating, rust and grease, parts are polished through a graduated succession of grits to attain a reflective mirror surface. Then, since grinding results in loss of contour and details, our technique fills the blemishes. This restores the part to its original shape and beauty and inhibits formation of new blemishes. The reconditioned piece is dipped in a series of copper platings, with hand sanding performed between coatings. The part is then polished to a lustrous mirror finish, given a heavy plating in very bright nickel, and finally a plating of chrome. Throughout the industry, this process is referred to as “Show Chrome.” In addition to the prep work done, a heavier coating of copper is applied so that it can be polished to a mirror finish in order to fill most or all of the underlying imperfections. The part then gets another heavy coat of copper, followed by the nickel and chrome finishes. Repair of parts is extra. This is a superb detailed finish, and thus the price is at least 50% more than the basic street chrome price offered in other shops.
This finish consists of stripping rust and paint. No polishing, sanding or improvement of base metal is performed. We then copper, nickel, & chrome plate the part.
STEEL | ALUMINUM | POT METAL| STAINLESS STEEL
- Itemize all parts and quantities. Please be sure to include year and model of vehicle parts.
- Fully disassemble all parts and wipe away excessive oil and grease.
Wrap each part in newspaper or packaging material, combining smaller parts in a sack before adding them for transport.
- Select a sturdy box for shipping. Add extra newspaper to protect parts.
- If applicable, sign and include the Repair Authorization Card
- Insure the package adequately.
- Prior to start of work Decorative Industrial Plating will provide you a firm price quote that will be effective for 60 days. No work will begin until we receive your approval. A 50% deposit is required on large custom jobs. Balance is due upon shipping the completed project. On billable accounts, payment is due 30 days from completion. Late charges of 1 1/2% per month (18% per annum) will be charged to your account and will appear on your monthly statement for any amounts past due.
- Whenever Decorative Industrial Plating is given material with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out of those instructions. Type of material, tolerances and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the cost of direct labor and material of the product if directly damaged by our processing, or three times our processing charges on such material, whichever is the lesser. Charges for our service are based on this policy limiting our liability.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph (3) above will be assumed by us only when so agreed in writing by us. In such event, a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc., as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by buyer if we are not notified of damages, shortages, or other discrepancies within 5 working days of your receipt of the same. Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, materials, etc., by buyer or any other party shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Any billing discrepancies must be addressed within 10 days of invoice date. If we are not notified within the above time frame, packing lists and invoices will stand as is.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are in the nature of “salvaging” or “rework” parts or material, the work is accepted on a “best effort” basis and no liability shall attach to us unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade of composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usage’s for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the buyer would be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation performed.
- All quotations, orders, or agreements, or modifications thereof are contingent upon and subject to any and all occurrences beyond our control including, but not limited to, accidents, thefts, fires, war, shortages of material, equipment, casualty, or act of God; we shall not be liable for failure to perform any agreement for such causes.
- All customer merchandise in our possession shall be subject to a general lien for all monies owing by the customer to us.
- There will be a $25.00 handling fee for all returned checks. If collections or legal action is necessary to collect your debt to Decorative Industrial Plating, you are liable to pay all cost including, but not limited to, all collection agency fees, reasonable attorney fees, together with the court fees or any additional costs.
- All prices are based upon predictable costs. Abnormal changes in our costs will necessitate review of our prices. Fluctuations in the prices of our suppliers require us to restrict quotation and price guarantees to 60 days maximum. All plating prices are subject to pollution surcharges.
- Our normal work week is Monday through Friday. Our receiving and shipping departments are open during all of this time. However, we cannot guarantee that each and every process line will be operating continuously. Special requests for services on weekends or when a line must be activated will result in premium charges as mutually agreed.
- Unless otherwise specified, the customer pays shipping to and from our plant. We assume no liability for material damaged by common or freight carriers once such shipments leave our plant.